Sunday 29 January 2017

Devotions for 29th Jan 2017


John 8: 58 #daily devotions # word of God # bible studies


“Very truly I tell you,” Jesus answered, “before Abraham was born, I am!”

When Jesus made this bold declaration about His eternity He equated Himself to the Almighty and eternal God who declared to the nation of Israel that He is the I AM who is the eternal God. Ex 3: 14 And God said unto Moses, I AM THAT I AM: and he said, thus shalt thou say unto the children of Israel, I AM hath sent ne to you.

When God declared that He is the “I AM THAT I AM,” He is saying that He pre-existed before anything else existed. God is the infinite God who is beyond the measure of time and any other measuring dimensions. God cannot be measured by time; He cannot be measured by any earthly measure. He is beyond all measure because He is the one who created all.

God is sovereign and is the one and only true God, all other Gods are false Gods. God said the idols are the works of man’s hands, they have eyes but do not see, they have mouths but do not speak and they have hands but do not reach out. But our God is the living God, the Almighty and the Ancient of Days.

He is the timeless One and when we get to heaven we will spend all eternity with Him. The scriptures tell us that the earth will soon dissolve like snow but God tells us that His Kingdom will remain forever and we His children will inherit the Kingdom and be with Him forever.


No comments:

Post a Comment